Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Editing Process II

      I already had begun editing once we had gathered all of our footage but I did mention some music inspiration. I was looking for music with mainly piano and had a "happy" and "inspirational" sound to it. Thankfully, I did find one on YouTube here. I started to research in the description of the video if there were any conditions, because most of the time you can only really use someone's music if you purchase a license that can be more than $50 sometimes. So my goal was really to find out if I could use the music with more of an academic purpose. Sure enough, I found that anyone could use the audio for personal use. All you need to do is give credit o the artist.
     I downloaded the file and attached to the beginning portion of the documentary and thought that it was a bit too fast for the feel we wanted in our project so then I decided to slow down the audio and to my surprise, it sounded great! As I was editing though, I realized I needed more establishing shots because it seemed as if the introduction was rushed to the interview. For editing software, we decided to go in with our trusty iMovie since it's included in my computer and we are familiar with it.



Also, this upcoming weekend, I'm going to try and focus on that with Isabel and Gaby. Maybe I could even get more footage of Isabel's Grandpa and his every day life from Isabel. Hopefully, this all comes together nicely and so far it is running smoothly, however, we need to start planning the website design and poster design too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR for Perception

CCR linked  here !