Friday, March 30, 2018

Editing Process III


I remember clearly, while filming our second interview, he was more fluent in Spanish, and we had asked him what was the best advice he had received. He couldn't really answer in English so when he did in Spanish it came out so beautifully that I really wanted to use it somewhere in the project whether it was just audio or the video. He explained his proverb in Spanish and it sounded so lovely that we all agreed that we could just add subtitles. Also we would think it could be a great way to introduce him as our "first" interviewee. So before even adding his interview we added only the audio of Isabel's grandpa's quote in Spanish. Once I attached it where I wanted it, I began adding text at the bottom of the screen and began translating. We're still playing around with what font to use, be we decided for it to be white since it shows up the most clearly on the footage. Also, I'm still deciding on whether it should be italicized or not. However, there aren't many fonts to choose from.



So for now, we are going to use Helvetica Bold. Also, I did some color correction by increasing the exposure, and changing the temperature of the footage so it wouldn't look too warm or too cold. So, today, we really focused on how the footage was presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR for Perception

CCR linked  here !