Saturday, March 10, 2018

Major Changes and Storyboard

     Today, my group and I discussed in detail of how we really were going to make this project happen. In fact, we came across quite a few obstacles. First of all, we had talked about going to a local nursing home that Isabel had volunteered at for quite a while, so assuming we'd start our project there, I had already created this story board of some ideas of how our project was going to start.




     As you can see, I had planned out exactly what I envisioned in my head and I was already starting to introduce our first interviewee. However, my group had decided that in the end it would be better to interview some elders we knew. At first, I didn't understand why we wanted to make that change. But then I realized, going to a nursing home doesn't guarantee that the seniors would necessarily want to be interviewed. Also, we miss out on their personal life with things we could film such as their home old photos of them which is vital for our documentary because we are in fact asking them about how their life was like in the past and what some of their greatest life lessons are. So, although my storyboard was interrupted, I can now create something with our new plans. Another thing I noticed was that it was a mistake for me to start drawing out the storyboard without my group. After all, we are working together to make this project and they have a say too in how we want to present our content.
      Moreover, we mentioned using Isabel's grandparents, someone from the nursing home, and Gaby's boyfriend's grandmother. But now that we aren't visiting the nursing home, we need to find someone else that we could interview. Sadly, my grandparents don't live near us, and neither do Gabriela's so we are currently looking for our last interviewee. I was thinking I could ask my sister's friend's grandparents to interview but they only speak Italian. Maybe we can add subtitles if we do use them since I speak the language? But then that might make the project look inconsistent. So, for now, let's stick to English!
     All in all, looks like our storyboard needs to be redone and we need to find our last interviewee for this project. But for now, we are getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR for Perception

CCR linked  here !