Sunday, March 11, 2018

New Storyboard

        On my last post I wrote that I was going to create the story board alone. Yet, I disobeyed myself and still did it on my own! Of course, with documentaries, it's a bit trickier to create a detailed storyboard since it really just depends on what the interviewees say. However, I tried my best to display what I was imagining in my head onto a piece of paper. In each square I described what the viewer would see and hear using proper terminology as well as a short explanation to why I wanted to include the shot the way I described. 



     Also, I realized while I was drawing that it would make sense to include some shots of the city or some shots of the general area. I thought to include this because I put myself in the viewer's position and I realized it would be a bit confusing to start the first shot with a just a house. Even though it gives a sense of location, it would engage the viewer more if they got to see what's beyond the house. So, I added a little note before the first sketch to remind myself to tell my group the next time we met. 
     I found myself having trouble finishing what I'd do next. I thought introducing each subject the same way would make it predictable. Next time we meet, I'll bring the paper and discuss on how we will create the project in a way that it will look like it's an extract from a TV documentary. My goal is to finish the storyboard completely with them and then begin contacting every person needed for the documentary and confirming that they will be able to shoot on the weekend.
     For equipment, we'll be using my Nikon D3100 and a tripod for steady shots. However, I am still unsure if I am allowed to uses any of my teacher's microphones for sound. If not, I'll have to purchase one myself for the group. So, next class, I'll clarify that with her too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR for Perception

CCR linked  here !