Friday, March 2, 2018

Research Part 2

       Today I wanted to look more into some similar documentaries that inspired me to focus on the elderly. So, I looked on YouTube, and found this video. In this video I enjoyed the use of still shots along with the voiceover of the interviewee. Also, I noticed that the interviewer was allowed in the seniors homes. This alarmed me because I started to wonder how I could get b-roll shots since I wouldn't have to time to let the seniors get comfortable with Gaby, Isabel, and I. Then again, I got ahead of myself. We have not even properly planned what exactly we are doing for our documentary, so what I think could be a problem may not even develop to be one in the end. 
   Anyway, I enjoyed seeing picture from each individuals past, allowing the viewer to feel closer to each of the featuring seniors. Also, I realized in the description box of the video, it states, "We asked three centenarians what their most valuable life lessons were, and also their regrets." So, now that I was aware of their purpose and topic of their video, I thought of other questions and statements that could help create our documentary into our own creation. I created this list to organize my thoughts.

Main Questions
  • Explain how your life adjusted to changing pop culture in each decade you have lived
  • What would you tell your 18 year old self?
  • What are some regrets that you think about often?
  • How important is kindness to you? How have you seen kindness change the world?
  • Why shouldn't anyone be afraid of age?
  • Are you in love? If he or she answers 'yes': "How have you been in love (for so long)?
  • What are you most proud of?
My last question was influenced by watching this video on YouTube on a popular channel called FBE. After watching the elders speak about their childhood, high school, marriage, and their career, I found it even more intriguing to wonder, "What are they most proud of?" Moreover, now that I created these questions to guide my group, hopefully it will get us to decide on this topic. By the end of next week, I would like to start the filming process on whatever we decide so hopefully, we make it work on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR for Perception

CCR linked  here !