Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Reviewing Footage

At first I was a bit skeptical with lighting since I wasn’t expecting our first interviewee to have a dark home. However, while I was listening to the audio we picked up with the microphone, I looked over the footage and the dark lighting didn’t look too bad at all. I actually liked how the shadows bounced off of Joseph’s face because it made him look more serious when we asked him more serious questions. Also, I just increased the exposure and made the footage more cool toned so it wouldn,t look to yellow, and it looked fine. Furthermore, I checked how the audio came out, and it sounded perfect!
   Today, we're going to interview Isabel's grandpa and her sister at around 7:00pm today. So I'll have all of my camera equipment ready before then in order for it to go more smoothly. We plan on asking him the same questions we asked Joseph and Leah in order to keep consistency. Also, I tired to look for clips of the 1940s to add when Joseph was talking about his childhood, but everywhere I looked, there was no copyrighht but a handling fee of $45. So, we might not be able to use older footage.
    For music, I was inspired when I listened to a Spotify playlist called "Peaceful Piano"
." One of the tracks in particular was very sincere and innocent sounding, so I tried looking for a track simialr to that one. Yet, I may even comsider emailing the artist asking for permission to use his or her track for the documentary. From the playlist, I pulled three tracks that each sounded graceful and peaceful. The tracks were Naive Spin by Aaron Lansing, For the Lost Ones by The Daydream Club, and Norresken by Karin Borg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR for Perception

CCR linked  here !