Saturday, March 17, 2018

Film Time!

     I have all my equipment gathered and we finally made it to our first subject's house, Joseph Rotman. We got to interview him because his grand daughter is Isabel's good friend, so she helped us use her grandfather to interview as well. Isabel made it to his house earlier than I did, but right away when I walked in I notice his home was darker than I expected with really nowhere to sit him to get good lighting. I debated on whether we could sit him outside but I liked where he was sitting because you could see some of his photos on a table next to him. Also, by sitting him outside it takes away from the "homey" feel so I decided it's best that we sit him down where he was.
   When I turned on the camera to begin filming it didn't look as dark, thankfully so we continued the interview. As, Isabel was asking of questions, I thought of what type of B-roll I could use while editing that could match his responses. Everything was going well, while I played with different angles and zoom until right before he was done, my camera decided to shut off! It was nightmare, but Gaby and Isa quickly suggested that we use my phone's camera since it had very high quality anyway. The only problem was that I didn't have a tripod for it so I had to hold it as steady as I could. I wasn't too worried about that anyway because I know in the editing software we usually use there's an option to help steady footage. Lastly, we interviewed his grand daughter, Leah just in case, and for some extra footage, and we asked her questions related to her grandfather and she too gave us great answers we can elaborate on.
      All in all, we collected great footage and next week we are going to interview Isabel's grandfather to add onto our excerpt! I also had an idea on someone narrating, I thought I could do it myself o maybe my Mom could do since she has a great voice but we'll have to see what we decide on. For now, we're just going to experiment and see what we like and what we don't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR for Perception

CCR linked  here !